- EVOlution Tanks
- Parts & Accessories
- Drip Tips
- Xtar Chargers
No Special products
Vaping - Frequently Asked Questions
We have gathered a list of our most frequently asked questions. If there is something that we have not adddressed here, please feel free to contact us.
What is an electronic cigarette (e-cigarette)?
The Electronic Cigarette (also known as a personal vaporiser or PV) is a battery-operated device which imitates a regular tobacco cigarette and can deliver nicotine to the user without the combustion, smell and without thousands of harmful chemicals and carcinogens associated with tobacco cigarettes. No combustion or tar means no lingering odor, no ash, no nasty stains. Whilst it doesn’t feel exactly the same as smoking, using an e-cigarette or “vaping” as it is known, does mimic the sensation of smoking by producing only vapor and can satisfy that hand-to-mouth requirement that many smokers have. The liquid used in the device comes in a variety of flavors and nicotine strengths to allow the user a customized experience. The E-cig (short for e-cigarette) uses a rechargeable battery that powers a heating element (coil). The e-juice (more on e-juice below) comes in contact with the coil and is then vaporized.
What is e-juice (e-liquid)?
E-juice (also known as e-liquid) is a liquid used in e-cigarettes. E-juice contains a precise amount of liquid which is a mixture of food-safe flavourings, pharmaceutical-grade propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG) and it usually (but doesn’t have to have) a specified level of nicotine added. Both PG and VG are innate (neutral), colorless, odorless, and nearly tasteless. VG contains some “sweetness” to it from the natural extraction process. You can generally custom order your e-liquid by requesting a certain VG and PG percentages as well as certain nicotine strength. The common nicotine strengths are from 0mg to 24mg. It is said to be safer to not exceed 24mg of nicotine and most electronic cigarette vendors will not offer more than that amount either.
Is vaping safe?
Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 toxic chemicals. No actual smoke is involved with e-cigarettes only vapor. Smoke is the real health hazard. E-cigarettes deliver nicotine by inhaling a vaporized e-juice without tar, carbon monoxide, flame retardants, pesticides, etc. A report by the Royal College of Physicians states that nicotine by itself has not been proven to cause any long term ill health effects. Check out this recent study that compares cigarette by-products to e-cigarette by-products.
What are the benefits of vaping?
Vaping with e-cigarette produces no flame, no burning tobacco or any other substances, no unpleasant odours or tobacco smells clinging to clothes and hair, no smoke irritation of yoour eyes, no more matches, lighters, ashtrays and the disposal of dirty smelly cigarette butts.. Vaping only simulates smoking and is less costly than smoking. Vaping has a huge slection of flavours. A controllable nicotine level (or even zero nicotine). Vaping is more flexible as you can take one of two puffs if you want, rather than feeling you have to finish or waste an entire cigarette.
How do I use an e-cigarette to quit smoking?
E-cigs are not sold or marketed as stop-smoking aids. That is not a legal claim. You decide how an e-cigarette fits into your lifestyle. If you enjoy vaping more than smoking, well, we're happy for you! However, you can lower your nicotine strengths whenever you like.
Is e-cigarette simple to use?
E-cigarette is extremely simple to use and at Ezigcan we carry different Starter-Kits, so you will be all set to start vaping with your favourite flavour of e-juice. But learning the basic parts that make up a complete electronic cigarette will not hurt at all. Some of these parts can be replaced with other style parts.
- Tube (or Box): The tube is the housing to the e-cig (electronic cigarette). Some tubes come in a variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate certain battery sizes and internal electronics. The tube part of the device is typically the bottom part of the electronic cigarette.
- Battery: The battery comes in many shapes, but the typical battery is similar to an AA battery styling and varies in specific sizes.
- Power Button (Manual or Automatic): The power button is what activates the battery, which then delivers power to the heating element (atomizer or cartomizer). Some buttons have multiple use functions. The button is considered as a ‘manual’ e-cig. An ‘automatic’ e-cig has no button and is activated by a sensor that detects when you’re pulling vapor from the device. Many e-cigarette users (or vapers) tend to like a manual e-cig more because an automatic e-cig can be triggered to activate at times when not in use, which depletes the battery life.
- Connector: The connector is a part that sits at the top of the electronic cigarette and is used to accept the atomizer (or cartomizer). The connector has female (or male) threading. The connector will range in various styles such as 510 (the most common), 801 and 901 just to name a few.
- Atomizer (or Cartomizer): The atomizer is a small metal tubed casing that has a male (or female) threading at the bottom to be attached to an electronic cigarette. The top of the atomizer is an opening to allow the use of e-liquid. To fill an atomizer, the user will typically drip 2 to 3 drops onto the coil (which sits inside and on the bottom of the metal atomizer tubing). The cartomizer is much like the atomizer, except that the metal tubing is a bit longer. Inside the metal tubing of a cartomizer is a filler material. This filler material acts as a wicking system. To fill a cartomizer with e-liquid, the user will pour e-liquid onto the filler material until it has a full or soggy look. A cartomizer is also used inside of tank systems.
- Tank System: The tank system is designed to hold more e-liquid than the typical cartomizer. The tank is a tube that is usually made from a plastic material. At the top and bottom of the plastic tube tank is end caps. The end caps usually have rubber gromets as a sealer between the caps and the plastic tubing. In the middle of the caps is a hole cut out to accept the cartomizer. Some tank systems makes use of its own wicking system instead of a cartomizer.
- Drip Tip: A drip tip is the mouth piece that will sit on top of the atomizer or cartomizer. The metal tube casing on an atomizer or cartomizer can sometimes become hot to the touch, so a drip tip is used so your lip do not come in contact with the atomizer or cartomizer casing. A drip tip was also designed so that you could easily drip e-liquid into your atomizer without taking off the mouth piece. This is done by pouring your drops of e-liquid into the center hole of the drip tip.